Saturday, June 7, 2014

Day 17/18 - Cruising

    So lately I have really been considering getting a bike. I really like the idea of being able to maybe hit up the dollar store or head to the library without using my car. Neither is really far and if the weather is nice enough (meaning if I get up early enough) I could make it there and back kind of relaxed. I'm not trying to start racing bikes or anything but it would be nice to add that into my week PLUS I'd get to burn a few extra calories while I'm at it.
   
    The second thing the hubby and I have considered is joining the gym. Now I have been on this kick for a while and telling myself "Oh you can just work out at home. Its free." Well, the outcome of that is me having walked only a measly three miles total so far and one Insanity workout. For me I know better. If I get dressed and drive to the gym (or ride my bike if I can save up for one!) I'm going to work out and I'm going to get my money's worth. Another plus is the gym is literally across the highway from me. Not even a five minute drive if I have all green lights.

     I have been hopping on the scale recently, I will post the results of that on Sunday. My scale is temperamental and I can't trust it all the time so I weigh myself for a few days seeing if the weight stays around the same area and hope that's the right reading. However there have been times when I stepped on that scale and it would say for instance 169 (HA I wish), then two minutes later I'm 190 (more likely), and then the third time I'm somewhere inbetween. Like I said...my scale is special.

    When this week is up and I find my measuring tape I'm going to try to keep track of inches lost as well. I have no idea why I didn't do it before but we're gonna start now. I know what my previous waist measurement was about 6 months ago so we'll see what it has to say on Monday.

Well that's gonna be it for tonight, no video because my hair is looking all kinds of crazy right now and I refuse to get up and change it this late at night. Anyway, smooches, duces, peace out, GOODNIGHT!!!

:)

2 comments:

  1. Bike - I say go for it! I have been contemplating it myself for over a year and the only reason I have not done is it is I have no place to store it being as how I live in an apt. I am considering paying for a storage unit which will cost me apprx 180.00/yr.... debating back and forth if it is worth it. HOWEVER, what I do know that bike riding is very theraputic for the mind in a world where stress and anxiety lay in wait at every corner. Not even to begin mentioning they physical health benefits. If you have a place to store a bike - GO FOR IT! and encourage your family to get bikes as well. Few things are more relaxing than a bike ride (with family in tow) in the breezy evening hours after a long, hard, stressful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bike seems most likely. I actually found one just need another $20 and I think I can afford it!!! Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete