Thursday, May 22, 2014

Day 4 - A Mini Revelation

I'm feeling good. I noticed this last night and all day today.

I've been thinking and looking back on how I used to eat. You know the typical McDonalds, Frozen Pizza, Ice Cream, A whole batch of cookies, bread and butter, etc and I remember how everyday it never failed I was always tired during the day. It's like I could NOT shake this tired feeling, and I had frequent headaches. I thought it was allergies but I learned that it wasn't.

With changing gears cold turkey, you know sticking to mostly poultry, fish, and lots of veggies and fruits I have noticed a difference. Normally every day around 1 pm I'm ready to sleep. It hasn't failed literally every day at that time. Yesterday however I looked at the clock and it showed plain as day 2 pm. I kinda shrugged it off but then it happened again today. I was wide awake and had more energy than I normally do.

I feel good, and unless I'm really late with a snack I'm hardly ever hungry. I'm not eating jumbo sized portions anymore and I'm not hungry! I know this makes sense but it boggles my mind as I sit here to think about it.

Today I had lunch with a lovely friend who supplied a healthy portion of salmon with broccoli and a little bit of cheese. Now because I was bad today and didn't get up on time this was my first meal of the day around noon. Dinner was left over chicken from yesterdays fabulous recipe and I have to say...it even better if the chicken is allowed to marinate in the juices over night.  Snacks today included an apple and a mango. Speaking of mango's I absolutely hate their seeds. Why on earth do they have such large seeds?! I have yet to master the art of Mango Cutting but it will happen..

So there is no video tonight, I'm too tired and my room looks like a disaster area. So with that I say good night. On to Day 5

3 comments:

  1. Love this baby. Really makes me smile every time I look at your blog. I'm so happy to see you in your journey and I look forward to the upcoming blogs. Keep it up Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing great Rochelle just keep swimmimg!

    ReplyDelete